Things to Do as a Family in Rotorua, New Zealand
Why Rotorua? It's a great and affordable holiday destination in New Zealand. It's a 3 hour leisurely drive from Auckland. If you don't fancy driving, Rotorua has its own international airport - mostly flights in and out of NZ from Australia.
Here’s a great list of activities your family can enjoy in Rotorua:
1)Visit Skyline Rotorua Luge – enjoy a great view of the entire city and countryside. Ride the luge down from Mt Ngongotaha for an heart-pumping experience for kids and parents.
2) Love Water activities? There are numerous fun water adventures for kids and adults: swimming, boating, water skiing, canoeing and kayaking. Rotorua has 16 beautiful, pristine lakes!
3) Rotorua's unique geological landscape is a wonderful sight and an educational experience for kids. Let kids marvel over geysers, boiling mud pools and green sulfuric bodies of water. This experience is both educational and fun!
4) Nature lover? Turn your holiday into an interesting trip by introducing kids to New Zealand's extraordinary wildlife - from swans in the lake to birds in the bush.
Learn NZ roots and culture. Visit the Rotorua Bath Museum to view traditional Maori customs and costumes or admire contemporary art by New Zealand's best artists.
5) Enjoy sumptuous meals in Rotorua's great family restaurants - international cuisines, sweet treats and Kiwi's fish and chips! The center of all the best food choices in Rotorua is Tutenakai St.
6) Make sure you get the most value out of your accommodation. Comfort and affordability are top considerations. Family hotels like MALFROY motor lodge located at 51 Malfroy Road Rotorua offer large rooms, 2 bedroom apartments with complete amenities. They also serve delicious and hearty Kiwi breakfast! Nothing beats free-range eggs!
7) One of a kind tours in Rotorua include the world famous Rotorua Redwoods - this is arguably the best MTB track in NZ. A new popular activity is the ZORB ride. Check it out with friends. The latest attraction is the newly built Zipline - Rotorua's Canopy Tours.
Well, what are you waiting for? Visit Rotorua!